According to a survey of 140 professional coaches done by Harvard Business Review (Coutu & Kauffman, What can coaches do for you?; January 2009; pg. 31), the top five buying criteria for purchasers of executive coaching services are: (1) Experience in a similar setting; (2) Clear methodology; (3) Quality of the client list; (4) Ability to measure ROI; and (5) Certification in a proven coaching method.
Another study done by the American Management Association in 2008 puts business experience first followed quickly by recommendations and interviewing the prospective coach. What is most interesting is that many factors seem to be correlated somewhat with coaching success. It is possible to infer that the combination of these factors may drive the best result.
Source: Coaching, A Global Study of Successful Practices, Current Trends and Future Possibilities, 2008-2018, American Management Association, p.22.
Reproduced with the permission of American Management Association International.
The team at Papillon MDC Inc., as well as its President and Founder Dr. De Civita, fulfill a number of key buying criteria in both surveys as evidenced by:
- Clear methodology for all of its coaching program
- Coaching experience across a variety of industries as noted by its client list
- Quality of client list, mostly blue chip companies
- Extensive recommendations as noted by testimonial postings
- Extensive consulting experience as well as direct business experience
- Certified Graduates from coaching schools recognized by ICF and credentialed coaches at ACC and PCC levels from ICF
- Doctoral degrees in Psychology- Research and Clinical; Industrial Psychology
- Exclusive and unique ROI methodology embedded in its coaching programs
- All potential clients have the opportunity to meet and interview the coach for one hour at no cost to the organization.
All of our coaches have experienced coaching themselves and hold their own mindfulness practice. This makes them fully aware of your experience as a coachee. Moreover, working with a certified and credentialed coach ensures that confidentiality is upheld; therefore, allowing for a more powerful coaching experience. Papillon MDC Inc. firmly believes that progress is made when the leader feels, believes, and knows that confidentiality of sessions (and all topics discussed) is upheld at the highest level during and beyond the coaching partnership. Confidentiality also implies that the coach will not: (1) carry messages for anyone up or down the organization; (2) engage in conversations about the leader with any stakeholder during and beyond the coaching partnership; and (3) discuss progress with the leader's manager outside the planned three-way sessions wherein the leader is involved. In fact, the leader (AND NOT THE COACH) speaks to his/her own progress during these meetings. All our coaches must adhere to the ICF code of ethics, which underscores the importance of confidentiality.
Equally important to note is the manner in which a credentialed coach operates. She/he is not opinionated, does not share the workload with the leader, and does not spend the majority of the coaching sessions giving advice on how to do the job. When you partner with Papillon MDC Inc., you partner with certified, credentialed coaches who share one common purpose: Help you transform... and take flight!