Excellent program! Great interactions, and guided learnings by Mirella.
Lucky are those who seek feedback. Luckier are those who turn it into action!
Dr. Mirella De Civita
Purpose and Structure of the Program
As a manager, an important aspect of your job is developing the abilities in others to engage in their work with a mindset to excel and flourish. This requires paying attention to their performance, and helping them optimize their skills by ensuring they have proper training, clear direction, and access to resources. It also requires being able to provide feedback on their performance in a manner that is engaging and inspiring. For your feedback to have this impact, your conversations ought to enable people to translate the feedback into action; thereby, propelling them forward in their job, and possibly beyond. Moreover, as a manager, it is equally important to receive feedback from others if you desire to improve your skills and bring your performance to a new level. Receiving feedback on your performance is essential to be an impactful leader.
Our program will help you acquire the skills necessary to give and receive feedback in a manner that is effective and memorable. The program is divided into four phases.
PHASE 1: IDENTIFY BLIND SPOTS
- Learn to identify your blind spots, and the impact this has on your own performance and that of others
- Learn how to focus your attention on positive behavioral habits that target your blind spots, thereby minimizing their negative impact
PHASE 2: TAKE FULL OWNERSHIP
- Take ownership of the feedback you receive from others, and turn it into action
- Communicate and share preferences in receiving feedback to maximize your personal growth
PHASE 3: PROVIDE IMPACTFUL FEEDBACK
- Learn the process to facilitate on-going development by using a language that conveys growth and optimism
- Give feedback that will help the person grow and the business move forward
PHASE 4: WORK WITH YOUR PERFORMANCE SPECIFIC GOALS
- Develop an action plan that demonstrates motivation to work through the blind spots to achieve desired performance
- Translate your performance goals using the S-M-A-R-T framework in line with your preference to share your desire to grow in your role
The course is really practical, and I feel we can apply it immediately.
The program made me realize that I can control the volume of conversations. I will certainly use the E-A-S-T model in both my personal and professional life. This training should be mandatory for all managers!