Lucky are those who seek feedback. Luckier are those who turn it into action!
Dr. Mirella De Civita
Purpose and Structure of the Program
As a manager, an important aspect of your job is developing the abilities in others to engage in their work with a mindset to excel and flourish. This requires paying attention to their performance, and helping them optimize their skills by ensuring they have proper training, clear direction, and access to resources. It also requires being able to provide feedback on their performance in a manner that is engaging and inspiring. For your feedback to have this impact, your conversations ought to enable people to translate the feedback into action; thereby, propelling them forward in their job, and possibly beyond. Moreover, as a manager, it is equally important to receive feedback from others if you desire to improve your skills and bring your performance to a new level. Receiving feedback on your performance is essential to be an impactful leader.
Our program will help you acquire the skills necessary to give and receive feedback in a manner that is effective and memorable. The program is divided into four phases.
PHASE 1: IDENTIFY BLIND SPOTS
- Learn to identify your blind spots, and the impact this has on your own performance and that of others
- Learn how to focus your attention on positive behavioral habits that target your blind spots, thereby minimizing their negative impact
PHASE 2: TAKE FULL OWNERSHIP
- Take ownership of the feedback you receive from others, and turn it into action
- Communicate and share preferences in receiving feedback to maximize your personal growth
PHASE 3: PROVIDE IMPACTFUL FEEDBACK
- Learn the process to facilitate on-going development by using a language that conveys growth and optimism
- Give feedback that will help the person grow and the business move forward
PHASE 4: WORK WITH YOUR PERFORMANCE SPECIFIC GOALS
- Develop an action plan that demonstrates motivation to work through the blind spots to achieve desired performance
- Translate your performance goals using the S-M-A-R-T framework in line with your preference to share your desire to grow in your role
Target Audience: Managers at all levels.
Goal: Better prepared and skilled at providing feedback that enables people to optimize their potential as well as being able to receive feedback from others with a mindset to learn.
Benefits: Foster an atmosphere of co-partnership through the process of providing feedback in a manner that emphasizes acknowledgement and respect, as well as creating the space to receive feedback that encourages continued sharing.
Value added: Managers will be able to apply their learnings to real-life situations as well as work through their upcoming feedback sessions. Pre-work assignment is part of this program.
You will learn how to bring the best out of people and yourself by:
- Holding productive and positive conversations during feedback sessions
- Recognizing how to bring your best forward in these conversations
- Reinforcing your collaborative mindset as you help others turn your feedback into concrete action
- Communicating your feedback with clarity and neutral language
- Taking full ownership of your professional development
Come and be part of the 138 leaders worldwide who have learned the skills to give and receive feedback in a productive and compassionate manner!
Depending on the date, the Impactful Conversations: Learning to Give and Receive Feedback™ workshops are facilitated by Mirella De Civita or Valerie Legge.
Read more about Valerie. Location & Time of Event
2001, Robert-Bourassa, suite 1700, Montreal
9h30 to 16h30
Number of Participants
Maximum of 8 participants
Light breakfast, delicious lunch, and healthy snacks during breaks. All materials included.
Training available in French & English; please refer back to the registration site for specific dates.